- PMR446 definition: What’s PMR446?
PMR446 (Personal Mobile Radio 446,private mobile radio, or PMR 446 ) is a licence free radio service that is available in most European countries and a few others, which is a part of the UHF radio frequency range that is open without licensing for business and personal use in most countries of the European Union. PMR446 radios are usually handheld radios with fixed antennas,just like RT24.
- PMR446 Usage: Who might use them?
PMR446 is a handheld or portable short range voice only communication system, which enables unlicensed walkie talkies to be used for personal or business use on open public channels. Generally with a maximum power output of 0.5 watts, resulting in a shorter range. Depending on the surrounding terrain, the range can vary from between a few hundred metres in a built up area to a few kilometres in an open ground. PMR446 walkie talkies have a range of up to 5 kilometres (3.1 miles), However,It’s an ideal communcation tool for short distances e.g.
- Personal family or neighbourhood use: (festivals, holiday, picnics, car trips, family days out, neighbourhood watch co-ordinators)
- Personal Leisure out door activities use (hiking, cycling, camping, fishing, carnivals, hunting,orienteering, shoots etc.)
- On-site business use: (Construction workers,Farm and country estate workers,Firm warehouse,Factory workers,Warehouse workers , Hotel and tourist attraction operators etc)
Analogue PMR446 frequency band will be extended to cover 446.0-446.2 MHz,16 License-free PMR446 channels,just like RT24 PMR446 pair radio benifits as below:
- License-free or Licence Exempt PMR446 Radios operation
- Less expensive than licenced radios
- Easy to use,Pre-programmed radio frequencies
- No call charges or contracts
- Rechargeable versions give good operating time
- No licence required!
- No contract fees or call charges
- PMR446 radio is popular ,especially in these countries below: (Click your country to learn more Pair RT24 Analogue PMR446 now)
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Italy (amazon)||Russian Federation|
|Czech Republic||Luxembourg||Spain (amazon)|
|Germany (amazon)||Netherlands||United Kingdom (amazon)|