Recently, we improve RT84 the latest firmware support to upload 120,000 DMR contacts. Today let’s learn how to operate it.
What do you need?
- Download RT84 latest software V1.03.
- Download RT84 latest firmware D02.01
- All the recourses download from https://www.retevis.com/resources-center
How to do?
- Firstly, Upgrade your RT84 firmware to D02.01.
- Unzip the RT84 “RT84_Firmware_D02.01” file.
- Install the “DMR Firmware DownLoad(User English) Setup v3.06.exe” and then Open.
- Open the “RT84 (CSV)-V02.01.bin”.
- Now, Press PTT+Top sidekey” together to enter Radio DFU mode.
- Connect your radio to PC.
- Begin download the upgrade file to your radio.
- Check your RT84 radio version.
2. Update your software version to V1.03.
- Find Writ contacts under “Program” menu list. Then import DMR contacts database. ( You can download RT83/RT3S DMR contacts database from amateurradio.digital website. Until today, there are currently 118,411 DMR-IDs available for download.
- After import successfully, then write to the radio.
- it will take around 10-15 mins to upload all 12,0000 DMR contacts to RT84 radio.
3. Turn on your radio to view Contacts csv.
- First, you need to go to radio setting turn on “ContactsCSV”.
- Then, go to CONTACTS view Contacts csv.
- When there is signals from your radio, it will display the DMR contacts as below picture show.
Future question about Retevis RT84, email to email@example.com.