Usually,customers buy 2 way radio just use for communication, But for ham, it is totally different.they like to buy Amateur radio.
Amateur radio (also called ham radio) describes the use of radio frequency spectrum for purposes of non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless experimentation, self-training, private recreation, radiosport, contesting, and emergency communications.The term “amateur” is used to specify “a duly authorised person interested in radioelectric practice with a purely personal aim and without pecuniary interest;” (either direct monetary or other similar reward) and to differentiate it from commercial broadcasting, public safety (such as police and fire), or professional two-way radio services (such as maritime, aviation, taxis, etc.).
Difference in usage of a transceiver between Commercial Users and Amateur Radio
- The Commercial end user almost always is not technically competent and use the transceiver only as a communication tool spent in the performance of his work.
- The transceiver is not programmed and configured by the end user but by technical staff in charge of the commercial organization.
- Once programmed and configured the transceiver, it is given in use to the end user who is not authorized to modify any parameter or values.
- The transceiver’s user interface must be simple intuitive and, the management SW must prevent incorrect or inadvertent operation by the end user.
- Every amateur radio is the end user, it is technically competent and uses the transceiver for experimental technological purpose .
- The amateur radio, uses the program to configure his own transceiver in order to be able to use the various setup required by the different radio networks activated by amateur associations.
- Being experimental amateur activities, the amateur should be able to modify, in the most immediate way possible, any parameter of the transceiver’s configuration (possibly directly from the keyboard rather than use the programming SW each time). The user interface should allow editing of any type of permit parameter so simple and easy, without limitation, privileging the amount of information displayed, rather than symbolic icons, which could limit the number of characters in each line.
More topic about ham u want to know , pls leave your comment, we will tell u the best answer !